Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up

It was a beautiful weekend here in North Texas. Blue, clear skies and a crisp cool wind. It actually felt like fall! So, during these gorgeous days, here is what we did...

1. Laundry/clean up house. Did some laundry but haven't folded it yet. I am the worst at folding laundry - it's not that I hate it, it's just I forget about it cuz there are a million other things I'd rather do =)

2. Got my nails done and my hair cut. Women of the world know how very important these activities are. I no longer have crazy head and broken nails. My hair is totally brown with none of those nasty little grays popping out and I have all 10 fingernails. Now, I'm ready to face the world.

3. Went to Half Price Books. My love affair with this store has sadly ended. We loaded up a BIG box of books to sell to them on Saturday (there were at least 50 in that box!). We had high hopes of their value - especially since a bird pooped on Stefano's head while loading them. (HA - that was so funny). Did you know in Italy when a bird poops on your head it's supposed to bring good luck, namely money? AHA - so you see, we just knew our books were going to bring us some $$$. Guess how much we got?? go on... guess. Were you thinking $2.00? WHAT?? I can hear the shocked masses......did she forget a zero?.... did she put the decimal in the wrong place??? NO- evidently paperback fiction, old computer & how-to books are overflowing in these stores and our books were worthless. sigh - we couldn't believe it. That didn't even pay for our gas to get there or for the frappucino I had to get while waiting for the grand total. Next time, I'm donating to the library.

4. Watched Disc #2 of "The Best of Youth". OH. MY. GOSH. I loved it - it was so good and I cried off and on through the whole thing. Sigh.......it is my new favorite movie. you should totally see it..

5. Watched Bianca. Movie by Nanni Moretti, all in Italian. I know it's an iconic Italian movie but I couldn't really enjoy it cuz I had a hard time understanding it. My husband sucks at translating and after awhile I got tired of trying to comprehend so I stopped listening. Not good of me I know, but there it is. I get frustrated when he doesn't translate well, then I get irritated and don't want to put forth any effort =) You now know one of my personality flaws - hope you still come back to visit! :)

6. Downloaded "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake, "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol and the soundtrack to the movie "Last Kiss". Love itunes and my new tunes. No laughin at the JT song - that makes you want to dance!


Things we didn't do this weekend:

1. Go to THE FAIR. today was the last day of the Texas State Fair and we missed it. I am sad but it's my own fault. Another year down and no Fletcher's Corny Dog or Funnelcake. sigh This year they even had fried coke! (though I'm not sure how that's possible and sounds pretty disgusting) *hand on my heart* It is my solemn vow that next year we will attend. I have also committed Stefano to this vow - he really can't leave Texas without going once.

2. Paint. I've had that freaking can of paint for 2 months now and the walls of our guest bedroom are still baby blue. Personality flaw #2 - I am sometimes very very lazy.

3. Shampoo the carpets. Eh - that speaks for itself. See flaw #2. HEHE


All in all - not a bad weekend. no red letter days but hey, it's just every day life.

more later...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better there were a lot of things around our house,like cleaning the carpets, that I didn't do before I left for Italy, but
It sounds like you did a lot though.
Congratulations. Now you can relax.
P.S: Hello from Italy