Thursday, November 02, 2006

And the saying goes..

"If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a few minutes and it will change." I cannot TELL you how true this statement is. lol

On Halloween, I woke up to humid, warm 70 temps (man the air was heavy) and when I left my house I had a clear cloudless blue sky. I heard a rumor there was a cold front coming in later in the afternoon but didn't think much about it. That is until I saw this:

Now I know this picture sucks because it is from my cell phone but let me clarify a few things. Do you see the top grayish/blue part - looks smooth? That is blue sky (never get good color with a cell). Can you see the HUGE AND I MEAN HUGE wall of clouds underneath that? Though it doesn't look like it here - that is the front and it was a creepy site. It stretched in a full semi-circle around me (I was going east).

I don't think I have ever seen that kind of distinct change in weather. It looked like gray mountains surrounding us. Was weird. Needless to say, the cold did not get here at 5:00pm - oh no, it was cold by 9:00am! And I mean chilly! (for Texas anyway) it's been in the 40s at night and barely 60s during the day. It's great! Other than that, Halloween was uneventful. We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood so our door was busy.

Now, for a shameless teaser... we are going to West Texas for a friends 40th birthday this weekend. So I should have lots of fun and pics to share with you. Come back and check it out! hehehe

More later...

No comments :