You would think that the repetition of an action would make that action become easier with time. Wouldn't you? I'd say mostly this is true. However, I seem to have an exception to this rule in the form of taking loved ones to and from the airport. It seems no matter how many times I do it, it will never become easier. *sigh*
So instead of focusing on my sadness, I decided to share some observations I made "there and back again". =)
1. Go the speed limit. It seems policemen are out in force on a Friday night at 3:00am (or rather Saturday morning). Hey, I'm old - it's been awhile since I was out late like that. lol
2. Airport check-in desks don't open until 4:30am. which is met with a bit of trepidation when you should be checking in at 4 since it is an international flight.
3. There are A LOT of people flying at 6:00am on a Saturday. Shocking, I know!
4. The airport is not as creepy as I thought it would be before dawn. (see #3)
5. THAT is what a sunrise looks like! I have a personal creed which states, that unless it is humanly impossible to avoid, one should not get up before the sun. The sunrise was very pretty peaking over the huge wall of storm clouds with its soft pinks and purples; but I still prefer the fiery reds and oranges of sunset.
6. Evidently, 3.5 hrs of sleep is enough to keep me awake all day with no napping required *groan*. I usually get physically ill on a couple of hours of sleep - normally I would just stay awake all night - but I guess my sick factor begins right under 3.5 hrs.
7. God sometimes throws you a bone and stops the rain when driving home, which would not have mixed well with the bouts of crying that popped up during the drive. =)
8. Kitties inexplicably have some sixth sense which makes them extra sweet and loving when you are sad. AND they reinforce this by snuggling up against you all day even if you can't go back to sleep (though not from lack of trying!).
9. While trying to sleep and watching one of my favorite shows (Most Haunted on Travel Channel), I reflect on the fact that my husband and I happily indulge each other in our TV viewing selections. Me - his fascination with "B" movies such as "Spiders vs. Earth" and "THEM!" which is about large nuclear ants; Him - my fascination with shows like "Ghost Hunters" on SciFi and Most Haunted . It's endearing....aren't we sweet? hehe
10. The thankfulness I feel for safe journeys and the knowledge that hard times are merely passing phases. =)
And now just because it makes me smile, here is a gratuitous picture of Sophie which mysteriously found its way onto my computer. Stefano evidently thinks she is cute too!