Wednesday, August 01, 2007
I'm a schmoozer baby...
Hey I got my first blog award! Avery has bestowed upon me the coveted "Schmooze Award."
What is that you ask? Well, to quote Avery who quoted Jessica - “...schmoozing is the natural ability 'to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection. Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way.' "
I can definitely say, with absolute certainty, I am a schmoozer! Which thankfully, works in my favor in my job =) So now I get to pick 5 bloggers who have the power of the shmooze
Let's see ... hmmm ... so many schmoozers so little time...
1. Sara @ American Girl in Italy. She is one of the first expat blogs I ever read and I keep going back. I haven't met her in person but I think she'd be someone I'd enjoy knowing and DEFINITELY has the chatty gene =) WOOHOO
2. Katia @ An Aussie lass, A Frenchman and a Burmese. She is an Australian married to a Frenchman, living in Paris. She is SOO FUNNY and also has a podcast I love to listen to. Even us professional schmoozers can learn from her.
3. Ninotchka @ cease cows, life is short. She has a darling family and is funny. What more can you ask for?
4. Jessica @ In search of dessert. An expat living in Switzerland. I haven't been reading her blog long but I really like it. She is funny and interesting!
5. Frog with a Blog. He is such a funny cute Frenchman. Always makes me laugh and seems like the type who could talk to the wall. (as can I) Check him out.
So now, if I've got this right, I post the directions to participate:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that have schmoozed you into submission.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the award.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Power of Schmooze Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
I am not sure if I did this right but hey, it's my first time.