... Benjamin Franklin - on being asked what condition a man he considered the most pitiable.
Thankfully, I know how to read and it's a good thing, since all we've had in my neck-of-the-woods is RAIN. for like a solid month. every day. Mostly, it's sporadic but today...ugh. It has rained all day. buckets. which is not good since our ground is already saturated so we have flash floods all over =) woohoo. Last year drought - this year flooding.
Anyway, as it's pouring today and work is slow. I thought I would share my rainy day activities with you in case you find yourself *ahem* unable to swim in a pool you & your Italian husband HAD to have in order to deal with a "normal" Texas summer.
- Queen of Babble in the Big City, by Meg Cabot
If you have never read this author and like funny books, you should definitely check out Meg Cabot. She writes alot of teen books too, but her adult ones are hilarious. My favorite and the first one I ever ready was "Every Boys Got One". Oh my gosh, it is funny AND set in Italy. If you like Sophie Kinsella type books, you will love Meg. However, being that I am a fast reader and since I've been waiting for months for this book (its a sequel) I finished it too quickly. But thankfully, I got another one in the mail just yesterday~
- I am Charlotte Simmons, by Tom Wolfe
YAY, just in time my first Sisterhood of the Traveling Books book arrived yesterday. WOOHOO, I am just starting it and haven't read this author before so I am looking forward to getting into it. Thanks Michelle!
(as a small aside, I also check all my favorite blogs but am not listing them here)
- Meg Cabot's blog. She makes me laugh and has funny cat stories - whats not to love?
- katia and kyliemac. Two expats living in Paris recording podcasts. Katia (long a like in katie) is from Australia married to a Frenchman. Kyliemac from Michigan(?) working as an au pair in Paris. They are really funny and now I can't miss an episode.
- frog with a blog. An Frenchman speaking English with an atypical accent which doesn't sound french at all and is very charming. His "short and shallow" interviews are great.
- The Mummy AND The Mummy Returns. 2 of my all time favorites. I own those movies yet still can't not watch them every time they come on tv. Hours of enjoyment was had.
- 2 episodes of Charmed. I didn't watch this show until the later seasons, so early episodes are always worthy of watching. hehe
So there you go. Fun for a rainy day. Tomorrow, more rain in our forecast and I think I am going to take my niece up on her offer for a date - we're going to see Evan Almighty. should be fun.