Saturday, November 03, 2007

Fruits of our labor

Well, what we've all been anxiously been awaiting FINALLY arrived last week. Jiminy, I had no idea it would take so long. What am I talking about?? The fruits of our glass-blowing labor - the PAPERWEIGHTS. Everyone that participated has been dying to see them, and still 2 weeks later, we are still talking about the fun. :)

Seriously, several people have asked about it. I really didn't forget - but we didn't get them until Thursday this week. I must say, I am pretty happy with the result. Mine is a bit bluer than I wanted it to be and the lime green I picked came out more yellow but... it is cool.

Here is a pic of all of our glass:

Cool no? Mine is on the end, 2nd row - marked Stacy. Darker than I planned but its ok. I really like Donna's (2nd on left, 2nd row). Her's had this really cool swirl pattern noone else seemed to master. I am not sure how she did it. And Tracy's on the top had a really nice overall coverage. We have no idea how that happened either. lol

What do you think?


Here's a close up of mine so you can admire my genius. HA You see the silvery blue edges? That is from the torching. For some reason my paperweight had a thicker layer of clear glass so it looks like the colored part is kind of floating in there. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my rolling skills. LOL

Poor guy, I think he had to do a lot of reshaping to mine. It still is not perfectly round on the inside. lol Oh well, I may have NO artistic talent but I sure did enjoy the process.

More later...

3 comments :

Rowena said...

Who are you kidding? Those are ALL works of art! Still...I was reading down the post and then I came to "I'm sure it has nothing to do with my rolling skills." (bring on the music, it's flashback time). Now, it has nothing to do with your lovely paperweights but boy was that a blast to the past! ;-)

Thanks for the input on Dear Abby. I'm still giggling over all of the responses!

Anonymous said...

I think you DO have artistic talent. I think everybody who made a paperweight has artistic talent. Those are pretty. I love the different colors!

Stelle in Italia said...

wow--very nice! i wanna make one! i like the layer of glass...the floating effect is kind of neat! :) next time, though, you should organise a field trip to venice for a murano glass blowing experience! (day trip to venice from texas? :))