Friday, September 12, 2008

WHOA

Look at the size of this hurricane! It takes up almost the whole Gulf!

Well, Ike is on his way and Houston and the coastal cities have been evacuated. It's supposed to be a big one folks! You'd think being in the northern part of the state and 5+ hours away from the coast, we wouldn't have to worry much in Dallas. But, I've heard a wide range of scenarios, from heavy rain and wind to hurricane strength winds and 6" of rain in a short amount of time. (thats A LOT of rain) Hopefully no tornadoes will head my way =)

Wish us luck and keep everyone in your prayers.

more later...

3 comments :

erin said...

wow! that is big...I haven't been following the news, and even when we had Fay sit over us a couple weeks ago, I had to wait until my neighbors started talking about it before I knew anything.

All the Texans will be in our thoughts for sure.

Anonymous said...

I hope things turn out OK for you and the area and all you get is lots of rain-like we in the Northeast of the US did with hurricane Hanna.

Monika said...

I'm glad you are far away from it. Take care xx