I love to buy presents for people. I come from a family that doesn’t exchange presents except for a few times a year (birthday and Christmas). And friend-wise we are not in the habit of that either. Maybe now and then, but on a regular basis – no. So, you see, that is part of the fun of this Season for me. I like to really think about the gifts. Spend some time looking (on the internet) for unusual things that I think match the recipient well. I am not one of those women who likes to wander around the mall for hours at a time. You can’t do that in your pajamas right? Ugh I like to know what I want; go in and get it (or order it online.ha).
Anyway, I am always looking for gift guides with cool ideas so I thought I’d make my own this year. Kind of like a poor man’s “Oprah” list. ☺ Let me know what you think AND if you have any other ideas – post them. The more the merrier!
- Personalized Pocket Mirror ($14) - nice, simple gift. Who doesn't need a mirror for your purse?
- Shea Butter Lotion Sticks ($7.50) - I think these are just cool.
- Monogrammed Sticky Notes ($14) - Stationery is awesome. so are sticky notes. Can't go wrong with these babies. Check to see if you have a store in your area because it looks like several letters are sold out on the website.
- Scented Stationery ($16.50) - Anyone who loves stationery has to love these. I mean look at the boxes! They alone are worth buying! You can find them on other websites but this one also donates to causes. Look around the site - lots of things to see. A gift that gives!
- Flash Drives ($24.95) - I love these drives, they make me laugh.
- iTurbo iPod charger ($19.99) - I bought these for S. & I last Christmas. They work! and also come in a Razr charger, if you have one of those cell phones.
- Mini Doc Amplifier ($3.99) - how freaking cool are these?? AND they look like legos.
- Screwdriver Set ($7.99) - can't have too many of these sets. not only for glasses but also computer tweaker types.
- Vosges Haut chocolate bar set ($25) - This website is overflowing with nice gifts. It was hard for me to select just one. Check out the travel guide/chocolate set. yoga and choc. wine and choc. ohhh too many to count. plus its delicious.
- Joe Kelly Truffle Fudge ($13) - This is the best fudge I have ever eaten. and I've eaten my share of fudge. You can order it online or if you live in a town with a Central Market, they have it too.
- Effin Sauces ($5) - ok so this is more Texas-y. But the name itself is a keeper. That's really their family name. HA just spreading some Texas culture ya'll.
- Tea Pots/Sets ($24.95) - You can probably find some cheaper pots but I love these glass ones. Then you put one of those flowery, bloomy tea things in it - tasty and pretty.
- Smoked Turkeys - Yummy smoked turkeys out of East Texas. We get one almost every year and they are delicious. Was also on Oprah's Favorite things list one year. Sure makes dinner easy.
- Table Topics ($29.95) - this game may not be new but I've just discovered it. Thought provoking "break the ice" questions. Perfect for that couple who has everything.
- Phaidon City Guides ($9.95) - If you have a traveler to buy for who has an upcoming trip - just pick their city and your done. I love these guides. the clean modern look and the contents. They also have other cool books so look around.
- Cool Mouse Pads, etc. ($6.95) - If you are anything like me, you LOVE office supplies. This website has so many fun things, I almost just posted the link. check out those cool paper clips, and journals, and staplers! whew I need to stop, I can go to town on office supplies, especially if they are cute!
- Funny kitchen timers ($8.95) - These are just fun. would totally complete that nice gourmet gift basket you're working on.
- Alessi - ahh Alessi. again, too many things to chose. Being Italian and therefore very stylish, many are priced higher than my budget can handle. but I love the wine stoppers and bar equipment. We have several pieces collected over the years and I always want to add more. Those that know modern style will definitely appreciate these things.
- Pocket Pad ($3.99) - just because I am ALWAYS looking for paper in my purse. aren't you? and its cute.
- Document Envelope ($7.99) - another for the traveler. All your necessary info in one place. makes it easier to go thru check-in and security. A must have.
- Movies. Here are a few that I think are cool for men and women. Also, if you have a movie buff to buy for, any movies in the Criterion Collection are classic must haves (or so my nerdy, movie loving husband says).