Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, yesterday was my birthday =) I am not very happy about the 36 (or shall I say my third 12th birthday) I have turned, however, I am trying to not dwell on that and be glad I have survived another year! It was the first one I've had without my husband in about 8 years so that sucked. But otherwise, it was a good day.

I got a beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips from my love (I would post a picture but my freaking computer keeps messing up. I've lost all my bookmarks and some emails. which was not a good way to start the day, but is probably the universe getting back at me for bragging about how nothing every happens to a Mac. but I digress) as well as my Easter candy he sent weeks ago. I love Kinder's Happy Hippos!

I got several emails from friends here and abroad, phone calls from friends and family, had lunch with my sister, then she was sweet enough to fix a nice dinner for me last nite. Steak, potatoes, salad, and homemade cake with yummy homemade chocolate icing.

My niece and nephew were exceptionally sweet and made me the cutest card (with taped on candy I might add. do they know their aunt or what?). I got gift certificates for a local upscale mall and a haircut/color. Now, I am just waiting for my husband's present and my sister's. I am surprised he hasn't told me what it is yet - he gets so excited about gifts that he usually spills the beans before I open them. My poor sister is just swamped with their business and family so I'm cutting her a break (and she did make a nice dinner after a long day of work). hehe

On a very sad note. I am so so sorry for those people who lost loved ones in the Virginia Tech shooting. That is so tragic. I don't understand what is going on in the world today. Up until yesterday, the only significant event (other than being my birthday) of the 16th was that it was the day after tax day - man I wish I had a dollar for all the times someone said that to me (the day after tax day thing).

So aside from the tragic event that occurred, my day was very pleasant. Now, it's back to the normal world - looking for work and watching the severe weather come towards me... guess I need to get my tornado closet ready again. Sophie and I might need it tonight! hehe

More later...

6 comments :

Giulia said...

Happy belated birthday, fellow taurus! 36 shouldn't be so bad. You've already had 5 years to get used to your thirties! ;) Me, on the other hand, will be saying goodbye to my twenties in just days as the BIG 30 is coming up. Eeeek. lol
The whole Virginia Tech shooting is so tragic. :( Sorry that you have to share your birthday with such a tragic day in history now. I'm sitting here eating some toast and drinking a cappuccino... but I'd rather have a big fat steak after reading your post! lol

Cynthia Rae said...

Danilo, Opus, Roscoe and I all send our best birtday wishes. Hope you had a wonderful day! Buon compleanno e tanti tanti auguri!

Un bacione!
Cyn

Thistlemoon said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope you don't need the tornado closet! Be safe!

Tracie P. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and tanti tanti auguri :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday. I hope you had a happy one.

Delina said...

Happy birthday in ritardo!

I love those Happy Hippos too. I can't believe they've got a Wikipedia page!