Sunday, January 06, 2008

A bit of a girl-crush really

It's true. I have "discovered" a new musician and I.love.her. She writes her own songs, plays the piano and has such a beautiful voice. I downloaded her whole album and honestly, I love almost all of the songs (I think there's one I could do without). That is pretty good in my book. Normally, I get an album and only like a couple of songs. Her name is Sara Bareillis and here is her new video.



Those in the US may have seen her in a commercial and she is just breaking into the radio scene. But, for those of you abroad - here's some new music!

I've been a singer my whole life but never considered myself a musician. I took 7 years of piano lessons but am really no good. I never could play in front of people. sing for them - yes, play - uh no. lol So anyone that can do both brings out the "awe" in me. =)

Enjoy!

More later...

5 comments :

Annika said...

I've never heard about her before but I like what I'm hearing! Gotta find out more about her!

erin said...

thanks for the recommendation! I like her so far...do you know regina spektor? Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKujuTgtL0

kellypea said...

Thanks for the heads up on Sara Bareillis. I love her voice! I took 7 years of lessons, too, but mostly played classical music. Never enjoyed sitting in front of an audience -- and I couldn't sing if my life depended on it.

Cynthia Rae said...

I LOVE that song! Will have to put Danilo to work (he is my download guy)!

Hope all is well in your neck of the world.

Cyn

Texas Espresso said...

annika - I'm glad you like it. her whole album is really good I think.

erin - I do like regina too! I just found her recently. hey have you heard of lily allen?

kellypea - I'm so glad you liked it. I feel your pain - don't know why I get so nervous playing the piano.

cyn - how did the downloading go? I like to share music =)